This is my ultimate FAVORITE breakfast. Want to know why? It’s the easiest thing in the world! You just have to plan ahead and make it the night before, and in the morning, you have a delicious and nutritious breakfast with absolutely ZERO prep time required. The best of both worlds!
You might read the instructions and wonder why I left out a vital step in the oatmeal-making process: actually cooking the oats. I, in fact, left that step out intentionally. These oats are completely raw, but the overnight soaking breaks them down and gives them a really nice texture. Soaking your oats also aids in digestion because it breaks down the enzymes and starches.
The fiber from the oats, the added scoop of protein, plus the added nut butter rounds out this perfectly balanced breakfast! It will keep you full and satisfied until lunchtime for sure. The best part is it honestly tastes like dessert!
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free rolled oats (make sure you DON’T use instant)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup Califia Farms almond milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp superfood powder
- 1 Scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Whey
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened raisins
- a few shakes of cinnamon
- a pinch of pink sea salt
- fresh berries & nut butter for topping
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mason jar or airtight container and store overnight.
- In the morning, simply take it out of the fridge. You can either eat it cold or let it sit out on the counter top for a few minutes to get to room temperature.
- Pour the contents of the mason jar in a bowl and top with your desired toppings. I love to drizzle runny almond butter on my oats along with fresh blueberries. YUM!
Top with fresh fruit and nut butter!