In a perfect world, we would all have time to pack healthy snacks and meals for the day. Unfortunately, this isn’t always reality and we have to grab a quick bite at a fast food restaurant. The trick is to know what to order. Here’s a list of some of our favorite healthy, on-the-go food choices.
- Western Egg White & Cheese Muffin Melt from Subway– low in calories and high in protein, this sandwich will keep you feeling full and energized all morning.
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal from McDonald’s – if you prefer a sweet breakfast, this oatmeal is a great pick. Who knew you could get such a great dose of morning antioxidants from Micky D’s?
- Whole Food Nutrition Smoothie from Jamba Juice – not everyone is hungry early in the morning, but you need something to fuel your body. These smoothies not only taste delicious, but will start your day off with a healthy does of both fruits and veggies.
- Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait with Granola from McDonald’s – it’s low calorie and high in calcium and Vitamin C, and is more filling than a cereal bar.
- Side Salad and Fruit Cup from Chick-Fil-A – as far as fast food produce goes, theirs is very clean, and gives you a diverse selection of fruits and veggies. It’s more than just romaine lettuce and mushy grapes – imagine that!
Lunch or Dinner
- Chicken and Guacamole Salad from Chipotle – all of their ingredients are very fresh and healthy, plus the meats are hormone-free. Try the tomatillo-green chili salsa to top it off with a kick!
- Veggie Pizza with Gluten-Free Crust from Domino’s – there’s no partially hydrogenated oil in the crust, no preservatives in the veggies, and you get to have pizza. Good deal.
- Protein Bistro Box and Juice from Starbucks – they give you a cage-free hard boiled egg, cheese, multigrain bread, peanut butter, apple slices and grapes. Round out your meal with a green juice to pack in some extra fruits and veggies.
- Power Chicken Hummus Bowl from Panera – Depending on your location this might be on their hidden menu, so just ask. The chicken and hummus pack a huge protein punch, and they use lemon juice instead of dressing to lighten the calories even more.
Please use the provided links for company web sites and specific nutrition facts and details.