I LOVE lazy Sunday morning breakfasts! Unless it’s a performance week, usually Sunday is a universal day off for most dancers–making it the perfect opportunity to make a decadent breakfast! I usually have a slow morning on Sundays: I make breakfast, lay in bed and read/watch Netflix, and repeat. This recipe is great for when you have extra time and want something extra yummy for breakfast. This recipe is totally clean, paleo, and grain free. Plus, they have the added goodness of spinach and green powder that I promise you can’t even taste! Top with vegan buttery spread and maple syrup, and you have the most delicious yet healthy breakfast! I love doubling the recipe and freezing some for later! YUM!
*Makes 2 large waffles*
- 5 large Eggs
- ½ cup Almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut nectar or syrup
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ¾ cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 TBSP green powder (I love Green Dream)
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/4 C pumpkin purée
- Mix all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Add mixture to a pre-heated waffle iron and cook until crispy on the outside (cooking time will vary depending on your iron).
- Top with vegan buttery spread, pure maple syrup, and berries–or any other toppings you desire!