This is my new breakfast obsession. Chia seeds are incredible because they are nutritional all-stars. In fact, they are some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. They are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various other micronutrients. One of the most unique properties of Chia is its ability absorb up to 12 times its weight in water. Due to this, if you soak them in liquid, they expand and form a gelatinous pudding-like texture. The full-fat coconut milk is full of healthy fats that will keep you energized and satiated throughout the morning. Not to mention, it adds a delicious creamy texture. I love this recipe so much, I once ate it for breakfast AND dinner in the same day. This is totally OK, cause I still got tons of nutrients from the chia seeds and green powder, and protein from the whey to make a balanced meal!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 8 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons Green Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons Green Dream Superfood Protein + Blend
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
- Pour the entire can of coconut milk into a blender, along with the water, honey, green dream and vanilla protein powder.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated, and then separate into four separate mason jars.
- Add two tablespoons of chia seed to each jar, and give it a good stir.
- Set you pudding in the fridge to chill (until the chia seeds absorb the liquid- about an hour so, but overnight is ideal). Add a little sea salt or sweetener to taste, along with some of your favorite toppings. I am obsessed with Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter, so this was an obvious choice for me! I also love to add frozen berries and goji berries for extra antioxidants!