Studio Directors, that time of year is quickly approaching and recital season is in the air. Here are some quick tips and reminders to get you organized in the weeks ahead and keep you on target for an amazing and stress free recital season!
1. Costume Finalization: Are all costumes and accessories ordered, delivered, fitted and tagged for students to take home?
2. Gather info from your teachers: Titles of pieces, final edited music, lighting cues, entrances and exits of pieces, names of students in pieces?
3. Breakdown of shows: One show, two shows on one day, one show over two days? Running time, schedule for show day?
4. Stage Crew: Who is your lighting designer, sound technician, house manager, stage manager, backstage wranglers?
5. Confirm your Videographer and Photographer
6. Concessions: Who will be selling drinks and snacks at intermission? Who will buy product? Who is your vendor?
7. Rehearsals Schedule: Dress Rehearsal, Tech Rehearsal, in studio rehearsals.
8. Awards and Scholarship Candidates: Confer with faculty on your choices and discuss the students who you all feel are worthy candidates.
9. Parent info: Means of communication, blast email, Facebook, letters to go home with kids?
10. Printed Materials: Show programs? What is the turnover time?
11. Spreading the Word: Take advantage of social media and market your recital to the entire community by getting the word out using all social media platforms.
12. Tickets Sales: Lottery, ticket limit, first come first serve?
There is a lot to do, but if you stay organized and ahead of the game, recital season will go off without a hitch!
Have a wonderful performance season! Good luck!
Visit www.danceteacherweb.com for more tips and teacher resources.